Lower Fairing Vent Doors - Help Needed

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

11 posts Page 1 of 1
jamiedaugherty

I need some help. The lower fairing I recently bought came without the little vent doors on it. I was able to get the doors, but I can't get the mounting hardware anymore. I'm going to have to fabricate something but I want it to be as close to original as possible. Can someone take a picture of the inside of their lower fairing for me? I need to see the parts that attach the doors to the fairing. Thanks!
VF1000R

Here's a pic of the inside of the lower fairing vent on my 84 model.

Hope that helps.
jamiedaugherty

VF1000R wrote:
Here's a pic of the inside of the lower fairing vent on my 84 model.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, but that looks like the oil filler door. I've got that covered, I need the two forward vents. They are spring loaded and have a hinge. Thanks!
VFRDYLAN

Jamie,

Here are a couple shots. Not too clear, but hope they help.

'U' shaped wire 2 3/8 length, 2 5/8 height, and 1 3/4" hinge
Courageous

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! This thread is wider than my house let alone the flippin screen!

Can someone please resize those images???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol:
mcmanus111

Hey Jamie, I have the two vent doors & hardware that I took off my bike to put sliders on. I have a vfr800 rear shock to modify for my VF1000r. Want to do some trading and whatever extra cost for the shock work??
rrjockey

I'm also looking for this same hardware. If anybody has a led on some please PM me.
smindjoker

i got some off my 85 when i painted it i shaved them off there in a box some were with my other parts make me a offer and make it worth it they are OEM just make a offer
jamiedaugherty

Thanks for the offer. I was able to buy some new ones. What I still need is the spring mechanism though, let me know if you would be interested in selling those separately. Thanks!
vfrcapn

jamiedaugherty wrote:
Thanks for the offer. I was able to buy some new ones. What I still need is the spring mechanism though, let me know if you would be interested in selling those separately. Thanks!
Are these 'doors' supposed to open at speed automatically? Just wondering, on my '85 they've never opened at any speed. On warmer days I've opened them by hand. Not sure what the purpose of these vents are if they don't open/close on their own. :?:
Courageous

I believe it's your judgement call. If you think its warm then open them.
11 posts Page 1 of 1