86 VF1000R Seat Removal

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

3 posts Page 1 of 1
cbxjohn

can someone please tell me how to remove the seat on the 86 VF1000R. I do not have an owners book and just acquired this bike. I have the shop manual but the info on the seat is inadequate for me to undertand and I do not want to damage something or disassemle unnecessary parts to get the seat off. Would appreciate some help.
MarkF

Remove the rear tail light surround (4 screws). Remove the 2 front lower seat cowel screws (large chrome ones). Remove the 2 long nuts under the seat. Lift off seat upwards and backwards. Done. Easy peasy. :D
falco1uk

cbxjohn wrote:
can someone please tell me how to remove the seat on the 86 VF1000R. I do not have an owners book and just acquired this bike. I have the shop manual but the info on the seat is inadequate for me to undertand and I do not want to damage something or disassemle unnecessary parts to get the seat off. Would appreciate some help.
Don't forget the "hidden ones" under the seat - they are a bit of a surprise if you don't know they are there !
3 posts Page 1 of 1