Part Number for Temp Sensor????

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

7 posts Page 1 of 1
pandablackeye

Hi guys

My temp gauge isn't working and I suspect I might need a new sensor. What's the correct part number? Is it 37750-PC1-004?

Cheers

Mike
CoastRider

Hi,
Yes that number is correct for the VF1000R. David Silver Spares carry stock of genuine at £36.00 and pattern at £25.00
Good luck.
Andy 8)
pandablackeye

Many thanks Andy!!
pandablackeye

Well I may not need that sensor after all! Checked the wiring by grounding the sensor wire to the engine and it worked well. Obviously the sensor the problem - tapped it with a hammer a couple of times and hey presto, all working again!!

Man i love my hammer..... :D
CoastRider

Hi Mike,
Glad to hear your problem is solved, although I doubt the tap with the hammer was the cure. More likely a dirty or bad connection on the wire which you disturbed when you removed it to put it to ground. But as long as it is now working, all good!! :D
Cheers,
Andy 8)
saaman323

Hi pandablackeye,

I've been going through my semi-newly acquired VF1000R and did a coolant flush, and ran into a similar problem where my Temp. gauge no longer works.

I was just about getting ready to take off the lower fairing to diagnose a potentially faulty thermostat, until I saw this post.

Curious what you did to determine it was a loose ground cable and the steps involved in identifying and fixing the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank in advance.

-Saaman
pandablackeye

If I can remember, you can just use the wire that goes to the sensor and ground it on the frame - it should make the gauge move if it is not faulty. If it does make the gauge work ok, it means the sensor is faulty.

Mike
7 posts Page 1 of 1