Lithium Battery

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Courageous

Anyone fitted one of these to their "R" yet? I know the direct replacement part number but was wondering if anyone had fitted a higher capacity one to take advantage of the space available? If so which one and how have you found it's performance?
CB350G

I bought a Ballistic 8 cell 4 years ago for my VF1000R. It has the weight of a D cell battery and is small. I put foam around it to keep it in the battery box. I though there is no way it will have enough juice for the starter. It started the VF like it was Supercharged. It sat for months in the winter and still started the bike without having to charge it. My CBR needed a battery so I've been using it in my CBR for the last 4 years. It shows no sign of going down. I will only buy these batteries from now on. They are pricey but last for a long time. Well worth the money..
Courageous

That's great and thanks for the reply. Sounds like it's the way to go! I bought the recommended one but haven't fitted it yet. We will see.........
3 posts Page 1 of 1