Front forks

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

4 posts Page 1 of 1
duc888

Good Day and apologies for only posting when i need help.

I have an '85 VF1000R

The quick release hook on the bottom of the left hand fork has cracked. Does anyone know if the VF1000 forks will fit and whether they are as good or has a set to sell.
My intention is to refurbish and re-spring the VF1000 forks (if they fit) and do the same if i can get genuine VF1KR set.
Another option is to put the lowers from the VF1K (set on fleabay) onto the stanchions of the VF1KR (again, if they fit), not really fussed about the quick release.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers
captain59

All good they fit, both 41mm,front guard and fork brace are a different setup, just use 1000F guard and brace. Probably wise to fit new slider bushes if going down the refurbish route, not expensive. Know anyone with a mill? Bit in making one up, but not a NASA project.
thx113

If you are going to try to find another set of R forks make sure they are from the 85/86 model.
The 84 R forks are not interchangeable. Nothing is the same as the later two years.
duc888

Thanks for the info. Just bought a set off fleabay. I think they are 85, based upon the fairing of the bike they are off.

Thanks again
4 posts Page 1 of 1