Upper and Lower Fairing Removal

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

2 posts Page 1 of 1
saaman323

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting a few scratches fixed by the painter, and need to remove the upper and lower fairings myself in order to give to the shop. (Don't want to pay extra and leave my baby there)

I have the manual which tells me which screws to loosen in order to remove the fairings, but it does not give me the logistics of how to get the lower fairing out from under the bike. I'm unsure if I need to raise the bike at all or if I can turn it and slide it out once all the screws are removed from the opposite side of the kick stand.

Any advise on how to remove the lower fairing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Saaman
86FANINPHILLY

I never had to take the upper fairing off so I can't give you any advice about that. The lower comes out from under the bike easily if you place some boards in front of both tires and ride up on top of them to increase ground clearance. Don't forget to have another board handy for the kickstand. An old blanket placed on the ground will prevent any more scrapes when sliding the lower out.
2 posts Page 1 of 1