Starter motor

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Kevsky

Hi all just joined forum I have a VF1000 f and a VF 750.... The VF 1000 starter motor is just clicking then sometimes turns then clicks.. The battery is ok so I've took the starter motor off then connected to a battery and it turns fine.. Could the starter still be no good or should I try something different... Thanks...
86FANINPHILLY

OK, I might not have all the answers but I'll try. I assume you have the starter off the bike so clean the mounting bosses on the starter and the contact point on the block where the starter bolts up. Also make sure your ground cable is clean and tight on both ends. All these points need to be clean of paint and corrosion for a good starter ground path. Follow your positive cable from the starter back to the solenoid back to the battery positive terminal. Again make sure of clean, tight connections. If you reinstall the starter you can try jumping to a small car battery without the car running. If she starts normally maybe your bike battery really isn't in the best shape. My bike would crank and start normally cold but slow crank when hot. I fixed that with a $16 ebay starter repair kit. The starter brushes were worn and the housing had paint where it bolts to the block causing a poor ground path. Lastly the possibility exists of a faulty solenoid. I don't believe they can be opened and inspected so that might be something you could swap from the 750 if they are the same. Hope I helped and good luck.
RC30FREAK

I agree with 86FANINPHILLY . However to add that you might try swapping the starter from your Interceptor . Supposedly from what I have heard they are an even stronger motor than the stock one from the VF1000R . It can't hurt to try it and see how it reacts . If it works well and you love your 1000R more you might want to leave it in there ! Just an idea . Again I am no trouble-shooting expert but I pay attention to what people are saying when it comes to the problem spots on these bikes....... Good luck . And of you need parts feel free to PM me . I have tons of parts available . Cheers ,
Ron
1Dorri

Essay writing is not easy to do for everybody, if no matter how hard you try, the results are far from being acceptable, this source is likely to be helpful , follow to find out what a perfect essay should look like and how to achieve it http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/a-worn-path-essay
RC30FREAK

WTF is up with all these SPAMMERS on here ! AS above case here . Administrator please........take them away ! Thx . :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1