Paddock Stand

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

3 posts Page 1 of 1
nigelrb

Hi there.
Can anyone making a rare appearance to this deserted forum advise what sort of paddock stand you're using for the VF1000r?

I've got a couple, with appropriate 'feet' for the swing arm, but the frame of the stand is not long enough to clear the brake caliper. I do not want to drill into the swing arm to fit bobbins. Cheers!
RC30FREAK

Hey Nigel ,

I can hear the crickets chirping now ! It is quiet here ! OK so I personally have a paddock stand with very flat trays on either side (might try to post a pic later today...) . The second option is that another member on Facebook Group used was to screw in a bolt (temporary just when putting it on the Paddock stand ) then remove it/them when you are going to ride it .... Just a few options . Good luck and I will try to get a pic up .
Cheers , Ron
nigelrb

Thanks Ron.
As said, I have a couple of stands with the feet, BUT the frame of the stand needs to be longer than most stands available, i.e. the distance from the feet to the rear of the stand must be sufficient to clear the wheel. I can use these stands with ease on my Blades, but they don't have the underhung caliper.

Perhaps if you remembered the manufacturer/name of your stand, that is all I would need to buy one. Cheers again.
3 posts Page 1 of 1