Welcome to VF1000R.com

Introductions and general telling of two wheeled tales.

Moderator: VF1000R

32 posts Page 2 of 3
cbxtacy

Ah, Reliant Regal, sounds like a ride fit for a Queen. What's it look like?
cbxtacy

Cool, found one. 8O
slippery

Hi George, I bet you 'colonials' envy us 'Brits' having such classy transport as Reliant Regals. 8) Not sure how one would go with a 600+ BHP Chevy power plant, might be difficult around the bends 8O Might be the ideal honeymoon transport though, certainly brings you closer together :wink:
Have a nice day!
Cheers. Pete.
ps. what you got planned for your 'stag' night? :twisted:
Chev

Well hello all.

I'm the proud owner of a 86 VF1000R. I bought it back in the October time period, right after my 85 VF700F lost control of the timing chain and poped a piston.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and do my part in contributing to this site.

Zack
jamiedaugherty

Welcome Zack! Nice to see you could find your way over here!
Chev

Yea, I don't know why vf1000r didn't even get a search by me.

lol, I'm fast. I put up an add in the wanted parts section. There seem to be a few people around these beauts here.
MicSow

Hello! Michelle here. I'm looking for parts for my boyfriends VF1000R, any ideas on where the best place to look would be, would be greatly appriciated. Have a great weekend! :D
jamiedaugherty

eBay???
aplaceinspace

Hey, Gang.

I was just gifted an '86 VF1000R by a friend who used to ride/race it. I'm looking forward to figuring out what makes this thing tick and hopefully if I have any questions I can come to you all for help.
kdbfg

Thank you vf1000r.com!!! I live in northern california and am glad to be a member! I have owned 2 v's and will find a third soon! I'm sure this site can only help....thanks again! (keep em off the ground)
Shawnmoynihan

Hello everyone,

I live here in the Seattle area, Edmonds to be exact. I hav wanted a VF1000R my entire life, when I was 17 I had the 86' poster on my bedroom wall and lusted over her. Over the years I had the monewy to purchase one but could not find any. Forward to 2008, I found a 86' VF500F in mint shape and snagged it, only wishing I had her bigger brother. In the spring of 2011 I traded my VF500 for a Volvo 870 station wagon for my wife and a little cash. Went over well with my wife, as she felt that I truly meant that I loved her more than the bike! Fast forward to September 1st, I was surfin Craglsit one evening killin time when I saw a VF1000R going for an asking price of 2000.00, I called him and said that I didn't ahve the money but if he would be patient I would give him an addtional 100.00, 2 weeks later i had the money and Now I have the bike. She came from Texas and has been hammered by the sun and the sand. I am already cleaning her up and spending alot of time in fixing her. Her carbs seem not quite right. So , I intend on taking her to someone that can help in that area. I rode her in the Oyster Run and she was a blast. I'll post some pictures soon. I am surprised that the moment that I gave up something that I enjoyed, I was blessed with the bike I always wanted. ;o)

Shawn M.
Shawnmoynihan

This is really odd, I posted a few weeks ago and this is the response I get from a VF1000R website ? Is ther anyone that ever checks up on this website ?
CoastRider

Welcome Shawn, I'm afraid you are right, visitors are a little sparse these days as you will see from a previous post I made just below this one "Lack of Activity". But there are still a few of us so welcome anyway.
Andy 8)
Shawnmoynihan

Hey coast, thanks for the welcome. Is there another site that has better communication than this one ? This site seems dead in every way.
CoastRider

Hi Shawn,
I browse both this one and also
http://honda.vf1000.com/forum/
Give this one a try, it's a lot more active.
Andy 8)
32 posts Page 2 of 3