Thought I'd say Hi.

Introductions and general telling of two wheeled tales.

Moderator: VF1000R

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hopit88

I'm on so many VF forums but somehow this one slipped by me. I'm in the process of finishing up my latest project. It's a rolling chassis now. I fitted the RC36 arm and modified spindle to accept an RC30 wheel. I powder coated the wheel myself in my home made oven. I made the exhaust using mandrel bends and then ceramic coated it in the oven as well. The RC51 front end is on and dialed in for the most part. I had to make a custom top triple to drop the forks low enough to keep a somewhat stock stance, it's beefy! The RC forks are much shorter than stockers. I just finished glassing in the RC45 tail and drilled for the custom exhaust end caps. Just need to make a seat for it. I cut out the stock gas cap surround on a V45 Interceptor tank and welded in a CBR one. The tank is flatter on top than my stock R's and looks more like the European version. Better for a tank bag. The headlight opening is glassed in and will get a single round projector similar to endurance racers. Then I need to strip it all down and paint the frame and polish all other small items. Thank goodness the motor is painted. Then all painted up in NS500 colors. Lot's to do still.

This is how she's looked for the past few years. But I get bored easy so time for a change.Image

Rolling

Some carbon fiber work I did on my very faded and scratched surround.
Courageous

Nice job! I need to do some paint touch up on my engine. Did you spray the whole thing or find a match? If you found a match could you please provide some info please? Thanx - Ian
Hopit88

Hey Ian. I can't say if it's a match. I haven't seen a new kR motor in 25 years. I used a VHT gloss caliper paint for most of the engine with a satin for the valve covers and the alt. cover. 500 degree engine paints that I have used in the past seem to fade rather quickly so I decided to try caliper paint, it's also good for 500 but can take up to 900 degrees for brief periods and still maintain gloss. As you can see. I was going for a more stealth look so I didn't paint in the white honda or grind back the few "cooling fins". Stainless allen bolts fasten everything up.
Courageous

Damn! Still a nice job tho' hoppy!
VF1000R

Courageous wrote:
Damn! Still a nice job tho' hoppy!
A very nice job indeed, you certainly know how to spend your spare time!

Certainly an adventurous step from the traditional VF1000R design, I look forward to hearing about how it handles with the suspension mods, nice work.

Welcome to VF1000R.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1