newbie here from the UK

Looking for some mechanical advice or sharing your own tales of the workshop wonder.

Moderator: VF1000R

3 posts Page 1 of 1
phillcbx

Hi All,
just got my VF1000 RE which is running just, its been stood for years although previuos owner done some work the bike was apparently started every 2 weeks,
anyway it was an import from guesey so its now been mot, done the insurence and collect the new UK reg details tuesday,
i want to change the oil but read various info, any one have a tried and tested oil type for her.
also after a set of after market cans any idears if any go striaght on ?

she has had the cams reprofiled and gas flowed head also other work so she should run well and fast, we will see, the prevoius owner spent over £2000 just on the head work alone so god knows what exactly was done,

I guess i am not sure how she should run and if they need a bit of winding up, i had a vfr400 and that needed to wind up quite a bit, she is standard with original cans, just steel brake lines fitted thats all
Anyway i am looking forward to a test ride out and hopefully she will do what i expect

anyway shall keep you all posted as to how we get on,
Is there any meet ups planned this year ?

Regards Phill in Gloucestershire
Courageous

Hi Phil and welcome,

I'm a bit of a newbie too having just collected mine last week and then buggered off to Spain for the week to work. I'll be having my first ride out amongst some several thousand other bikers on Sunday at the annual wirral "egg run".

I too would like to know if there are any meets scheduled this year? I'm hoping to be at the NW200 on mine this May and soon after the bike goes to Spain for a while so make some meets soon eh?
CROOKY

Any news on how she running now and how you are getting on with the VF Phil.I am in MIlton Keynes and would love to come and have a nosey around your 1000R.

Regards

Al.
3 posts Page 1 of 1